Home made beef and pancetta ragu is the perfect recipe for winter nights.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg chuck steak, cubed
- 200g pancetta, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 140g button mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fettuccini Pasta (or pasta of your choice), Pecorino cheese and fresh parsley to serve
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ, set temperature to HIGH, and then press START/STOP. Add oil and preheat for 2 minutes. Add beef and brown for 2 minutes. Remove from Cooking Pot.
- Add pancetta, garlic, onion, bay leaf and rosemary. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add wine and allow to reduce by half.
- Press START/STOP. Place all ingredients in Cooking Pot, including the beef. Secure the lid. Press MEAT, set pressure to HIGH, and adjust time to 30 minutes. Make sure the Steam Release Valve is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking is complete, and the pressure has released, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using two forks, shred the beef apart into strands and stir through the sauce.
- Serve over pasta with grated Pecorino cheese and fresh parsley.