Change your midweek takeaway dinner to home cook family meal with our Pad Thai recipe.
- 250ml water
- 1 small Spanish onion, sliced thinly
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 200g rice noodles
- 4 tbs peanut oil
- 2 large spring onions, finely sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tspn chopped ginger
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked from base recipe, sliced into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 limes
- 200g Pad Thai Sauce, available at the supermarket
- Garnish: lime wedges, fresh pea sprouts, chilli flakes, chopped spring onions, roasted peanuts.
- Place all ingredients into the Express Crockpot. Select MANUAL, set PRESSURE to HIGH and set TIME to 8 minutes, make sure Steam Release Dial is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- When cooking is complete, release the STEAM VALVE, then remove the lid.
- Place the chicken onto a plate and strain the liquid, reserve liquid for future recipes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freezer for up to 6 months.
- When done, shred chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Select BROWN/SEAR on the Express Crockpot, set TIME to 15 minutes and press START. Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in the Crockpot, add spring onions, garlic, ginger and stir cooking just a few minutes until golden.
- Move the shallot mixture to the side of the pan and add the whisked eggs. With a spatula, break the eggs apart into little bits, combine into the shallots continuing to break them into small bits.
- Add the drained, semi-soft noodles and toss with the egg mixture, stirring and frying constantly for 3-4 minutes until noodles become soft and pliable.
- Add the Pad Thai Sauce and cook 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook until the noodles are soft adding just a little water if it is too dry.
- Plate the Pad Thai into individual serving bowls and garnish with lime wedges, bean sprouts, chilli flakes, chopped spring onions and roasted peanuts.