Perfect Pork crackling may just be the star of a Christmas table. With your one-pot kitchen helper by your side, you'll have mouth-watering pork belly with a side of perfect crackling for the whole table to enjoy.
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Pink Lady apples, cut in half, skin on
- 1 small fennel, quartered
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs whole fennel seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 kg pork belly, scored
- 1 tbs extra oil
- Place the rack inside the Crockpot® Express Pressure Multicooker.
- Add vinegar, stock, apples and fresh fennel.
- In a small bowl add fennel seeds, salt and oil, mix and rub half of the mix into the pork skin. Set the other half to one side.
- Place pork on top of rack, secure the lid and ensure the pressure valve is in the closed position.
- Press MEAT and adjust TIME to 30 minutes, press START/STOP.
- When cooking is complete, carefully release the pressure valve, remove pork and set to one side to rest, remove rack from pot.
- Using a stick blender, blend the remaining ingredients in the Crockpot until smooth, season to taste with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Pour sauce into a jug and wipe the Crockpot clean.
- Press BROWN/SEAR and START/STOP. Add extra oil and allow to heat.
- Rub the remaining fennel mix over the pork fat. Place pork skin side down and cook until skin starts to brown and crackle.
- Serve with Apple Sauce.
Note: makes 4 cups apple sauce