This paella is ideal for a fast and easy dinner for a large family in less than 30 mins in the Crockpot® Express XL Pressure Multicooker.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1kg chorizo, sliced
- 1kg chicken thigh, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onion, chopped
- 2 red capsicum, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cup peas
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp extra fine sugar
- 900g prawns, peeled, deveined
- 800g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ, and then press START/STOP. Add oil and preheat for 2 minutes. Add chorizo and chicken and brown in cooking pot for 3-4 minutes. Remove from cooking pot.
- Add garlic, onion and capsicum. Sauté for 4 - 5 minutes or until tender.
- Press START/STOP and add remaining ingredients to the cooking pot. Secure the lid ensuring the steam release valve is in the seal (closed) position.
- Press RICE/GRAINS, set the pressure to LOW, and set to 10 minutes. Press START/STOP. Once cooking has completed and the pressure is released, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.