These sweet and sticky ribs are perfect for a crowd in the Crockpot® Express XL Pressure Multicooker.
- 3 kg pork spare ribs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp dark brown soft sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 bunch spring onions, shredded
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Shredded spring onions
- Chopped coriander
- Press BROWN/SEAR function. Adjust the time to 15 minutes, press START/STOP and allow to preheat.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and start browning the ribs, you will need to do this in batches so add a little more oil if required.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once all the ribs have been browned, wipe out the cooking pot with some kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- Place the ribs and sauce back into the bowl and stir well to coat.
- Secure the lid ensuring the steam release valve is in the closed position and press MEAT/STEW function. Set the time for 15 minutes and press START/STOP.
- Once the unit has finished cooking, allow the unit to have a natural pressure release time of 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the ribs and place into a warmed serving bowl, press BROWN/SEAR function then START/STOP and allow the sauce to bubble and reduce slightly, this will thicken the sauce.
- Garnish with the above serving suggestions.