This classic french favourite is a great soup to make for the colder months.
- 4 large white onions, evenly sliced
- ½ cup butter
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 thick slices of french bread
- 4 slices of gruyere cheese
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ, set temperature to HIGH, and then press START/STOP. Allow Multi-Cooker to preheat.
- Add the butter and onions, and sauté, stirring regularly until the onions are evenly browned and softened. Add the remaining ingredients to the Cooking Pot and stir. Press START/STOP. Secure the lid. Press SOUP, set pressure to HIGH, and adjust time to 10 minutes. Make sure the Steam Release Valve is set to the “Seal” (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Top the French bread slices with the cheese and pre-heat your broiler. Once cooking is complete and the pressure is released, remove rosemary and bay leaves. Ladle soup into ovenproof soup bowls, placing a slice of the bread and cheese on top. Carefully place the bowls under the broiler until golden and melted. Alternatively, you can grill the bread and cheese separately, placing onto the soup before serving.
- Garnish with the thyme sprigs and serve warm.