A great slow cooker recipe that's so easy to make. This is a great recipe for entertaining guests.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small lamb shoulder, bone in
- 1 medium onion, chopped roughly
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped roughly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped roughly
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Cooked pasta, to serve
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Finely chopped parsley, to serve
- If cooking in the Crock-Pot Sear and Slow, transfer the cooking pot to your stovetop and heat on high. Pour in olive oil and sear lamb on both sides until golden brown. If cooking with other Crock-Pot models, sear lamb separately in a large fry-pan.
- Remove lamb from the pot and immediately add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the pan and fry for a further 5 minutes on medium high heat, or until softened and aromatic.
- Return pot to the Crock-Pot unit and add lamb, oregano, beef stock and chopped tomatoes. Cook on LOW for 8-12 hours.
- When cook time has elapsed, remove bones from the lamb (they should slide out easily) and shred meat in the pot in the pot using two forks (taking care not to scratch the pot).
- Serve lamb ragu on pasta, scatter over parmesan and parsley to your liking.