This lemon cheesecake is ideal as a quick and easy dessert with the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker.
- 30g butter, melted
- 225g shortbread biscuits, crushed to crumbs
- 500g full fat soft cheese
- 100g castor sugar
- 60ml sour cream
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp lemon curd
- Lemon thyme leaves
- Dusting of icing sugar
- For this recipe, you will need an 18cm springform baking tin, the base lined with baking parchment. First, prepare a strip of foil roughly 45cm in length, fold this twice lengthways, this will make a sling which will enable you to remove the hot cheesecake once cooked.
- In a suitable bowl, combine the melted butter and biscuit crumbs mix well together. Press crumbs evenly and firmly into the base of the baking tin, refrigerate.
- Place the soft cheese and sugar into a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon zest and juice, mixing well.
- Gently mix the eggs into the filling until just combined, do not overmix.
- Pour the filling onto the cheesecake base.
- Add approx. 250ml of water to the cooking pot. Place the steaming rack into the bowl and lay the foil strip across the steaming rack and up the sides of the bowl. Ensure the foil strip is clear of the lid fastening.
- Carefully place the cheesecake onto the steaming rack, secure the lid ensuring the steam release valve is in the seal (closed) position. Press DESSERT and set the time for 25 minutes. Press START/STOP.
- Once the unit has finished cooking, allow the unit to have a natural pressure release time of 10 minutes.
- Remove the baked cheesecake carefully from the unit using the foil sling to lift out the tin.
- Place onto a wire rack to cool. When completely cool, remove from the tin, peel the parchment from the base and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, spoon 3-4 tbsp lemon curd into a small bowl and mix well to soften.
- Swirl over the cheesecake, add a scattering of lemon thyme and a dust of icing sugar.