Enjoy a Mexican fiesta tonight with flavour packed pulled beef burritos.
- 1.5kg whole chuck beef roast, cut in half
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 x 420g can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet MEXICAN CHILLI seasoning mix
- 1 x 420g tin Mexican beans
- 1 x 420g tin Black beans, drained
- 2 tbs corn flour
- 3 tbs water
- 6 – 8 burrito wraps
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Chilli sauce, optional
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 1½ cups sour cream
- Select BROWN/SAUTE, adjust TIME to 8 minutes. Press START/STOP.
- Once heated, add oil and sauté onion for 2 minutes. Add beef and brown on all sides. Press STOP.
- Add stock, vinegar, tomato paste, tomatoes and Mexican chilli seasoning, stir to combine. Secure the lid. Select MEAT/POULTRY, set pressure to HIGH, and adjust time to 45 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Dial is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking is complete and the pressure is released, leave unit on the KEEP WARM mode, remove beef and place in bowl. Using two forks, shred beef.
- Combine corn flour and water, add to crockpot, stir occasionally. Add beef along with the Mexican beans and black beans to the pot and continue to stir for another 5 minutes. Press STOP/START.
- Place a quantity of beef along the centre of a burrito wrap. Top with tomato, avocado, cheese and chilli sauce. Wrap burrito up tightly folding one end in, wrap burrito in baking paper entirely then in foil.
- Select BROWN/SAUTE and adjust TIME to 10 minutes. Place the burritos into the base of the clean pot. Cook for 2 minutes on all sides.
Serve with rice and sour cream.