Start with our Basic Pulled Beef recipe and ensure your pies are packed full with a mouth-watering filling that is cooked and ready to serve in 60 minutes.
- 1.5kg chuck beef roast, whole piece
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1½ cups beef stock
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 x 420g can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 6 whole baby potatoes
- 1 tbs mixed herbs
- 3 tbs corn flour
- 3 tbs water
- 1 cup baby frozen peas
- 3 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 6 cups frozen peas, cooked and mashed
- Select BROWN/SAUTE, adjust TIME to 8 minutes. Press START/STOP.
- Once heated, add oil and sauté onion for 2 minutes. Add beef and brown on all sides. Press STOP.
- Add stock, vinegar, tomato paste and tomatoes. If making Pot Roast, add the carrots, potatoes and mixed herbs at this stage. Secure the lid. Select MEAT/POULTRY, set pressure to HIGH, and adjust time to 45 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Dial is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking is complete and the pressure is released, leave unit on the KEEP WARM mode, remove beef and place in bowl. Using two forks, shred beef.
- Combine corn flour and water, add to Crockpot, stir through the peas, season to taste, add beef to pot, stir until thickened. Pres STOP/START.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Select 6 round ovenproof serving dishes approximately 15cm in circumference. Cut the pastry into circles 1cm larger than the circumference. Place pastry disc on a baking tray lined with baking paper, bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Re-heat the mashed peas. Divide the beef mixture evenly into the serving dishes. Top with ¾ cup of peas and top with a pastry disc.