This speedy lentil and vegetable soup is an ideal winter warmer as you can make the dish in less than 15 mins in the Crockpot® Express Pressure Multicooker.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1.3 litres hot vegetable stock
- 200g dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 200g dried red lentils, rinsed
- 200g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ function. Adjust the time to 3 minutes. Press START/STOP and allow to preheat.
- Add oil, onions, carrots and celery to the cooking pot. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Secure the lid, ensure the steam release valve is in the seal (closed) position and press PRESSURE COOK. Adjust the time to 10 minutes and press START/STOP.
- Once the unit has finished cooking, allow the unit to have a natural pressure release time of 10 minutes.
- Stir well, adjust the seasoning. Serve with some chunky granary bread for a tasty healthy meal.