This chicken and sweet potato recipe is a different take on the classic baked potatoes.
- 250ml water
- 1 small Spanish onion, sliced thinly
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large handfuls kale chopped
- 250ml chipotle sauce
- 250ml ranch dressing
- coriander to serve
- To cook chicken, place all poached chicken ingredients into the Express Crockpot. Select MANUAL, set PRESSURE to HIGH and set TIME to 8 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Dial is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Then press START/STOP.
- When cooking is complete, release the STEAM VALVE, then remove the lid.
- Place the chicken onto a plate and strain the liquid, reserve liquid for future recipes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freezer for up to 6 months.
- When done, shred chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Wash each of the sweet potatoes, pierce with a fork in several places. Place water and rack in bottom of the Cooking Pot. Place potatoes on rack. Secure lid. Press STEAM set PRESSURE to HIGH and set TIME to 15 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Dial is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the pot and make a cut down the length of the potato. Gently pull apart. Set to one side.
- Remove water from Crockpot. Select BROWN/SAUTE on the EXPRESS CROCK, and adjust TIME to 7 minutes. Pour the oil into the pot, add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Toss through the kale and cook a further 3 minutes, add the chicken and chipotle sauce and warm through.
- Fill each of the potatoes with the chicken filling, then top with ranch dressing and garnish with coriander.