This tasty, hearty and wholesome savoury and sweet ribs recipe is perfect for cooler days and nights.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3kg beef short ribs
- ½ cup (125mls) dark soy sauce
- ⅓ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4cm ginger, finely grated
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- ⅓ cup (80mls) Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- Press BROWN/SEAR, then press START/STOP. Add 1 tbs vegetable oil to the cooking pot.
- Preheat, sear the ribs until browned, then set aside. You will need to do this in batches, so add a little more oil if required.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Once all the ribs have been browned, wipe out the cooking pot with some kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- Place the ribs and sauce back into the cooking pot and turn to coat.
- Secure the lid ensuring the steam release dial is in the ‘seal’ (closed) position. Press, MEAT/POULTRY, for 30 minutes. Press START/STOP.
- Once the cooking process is complete, release the pressure.
- Remove the ribs and place in a warmed serving bowl. Press BROWN/SEAR, then START/STOP and allow the sauce to bubble and thicken slightly.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the ribs and scatter with spring onions and chopped coriander. Serve with rice
Serve with shredded spring onions, chopped coriander and rice.
Coconut Rice Recipe
This dish is best served with coconut rice.