Enjoy Tacos with a touch of ingredients used in Thai cuisine.
- 250ml water
- 1 small Spanish onion, sliced thinly
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs lemon juice
Tacos and Sauce
- 1 bottle of your favorite Thai peanut satay sauce
- 12 pkt soft Taco shells
- Sriracha sauce for serving
- 2 cups fresh or tinned pineapples, chopped, drained
- 3 cups prepackaged kale slaw
- ½ cucumber, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- ½ red capsicum, chopped
- 2 tbs shallots, sliced
- 1 tbs light brown sugar
- 1 tbs lemon or lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To cook chicken. Place all ingredients into the Express Crockpot. Select MANUAL, set **PRESSURE to HIGH and set TIME to 8 minutes. Make sure the Steam Release Dial is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- When cooking is complete, release the STEAM VALVE and remove the lid.
- Place the chicken onto a plate and strain the liquid, reserve liquid for future recipes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- When done, shred chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine all the pineapple slaw ingredients together into a bowl.
- Place a spoonful of chicken into the base of the taco, top with satay sauce and then the slaw.
- Drizzle Sriracha on top, if desired. Eat immediately.